Monday, February 9, 2015

Profile: Terri Layne Ivy

Terri Layne Ivy 

     Where were you born?  Little Rock.
     Where do you live?  Pleasant Valley.
     Tell us about your family.  I have been married almost 22 years.  I have a 12-year-old daughter, Ashley, a 10-year-old daughter, Emily, and a 5-year-old son, Christopher.  My husband's name is Chris.  He is a CRNA, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
     Do you have any pets?   We have two rescues, Malt-zhus, part Maltese and part Shih Tzu.  Spencer looks like a Shih Tzu, and Ricky is Maltese looking.  They are brothers, two years old.  We got them when they were about six months old.  
     Do you have favorite actors?  I love old movies with happy endings. I like Cary Grant and Bing Crosby.
     A favorite movie?  White Christmas.
     Is there anything you would like to learn how to do?  I'd love to learn how to sew.  My mother could sew anything.  One time we went to the store (there was a dress I wanted),  and she drew a picture of it there.  She came home, made a pattern and made me that outfit. 
     What do you like to read?  I like to read biographies.  I like to read Christian fiction, and I like good mysteries.
     Do you have a favorite author?  Jan Karon and Lawrence Sanders.  I got '41 by George Bush for Christmas, so that's what I am going to read next. 
     What do you do in your leisure time?  My family and I like to go to Disney World and to go to Branson.  We love supporting the Arkansas Baptist Eagles, and we are very active in our church.  We go to First Baptist.  All three of my kids go to Arkansas Baptist.
     What would you do if you won a large lottery?  I would get out of debt, take a really long vacation and see who I could help out.  And just enjoy my family.  I'd still work a day or two a week.
     What's the strangest thing in your fridge?  A bottle of amoxicillin that's about five years old.  My husband asked why I didn't throw it out.  I said there might be an emergency.  And we have four different kinds of pickles.  Everyone likes a different type. 

     

No comments: