Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Erika Robbins Profile

Erika Robbins

Tell us about your family. Erika said her mom and dad, who had encouraged her creativity and work, passed away in 2008 before The Freckled Frog opened. "I really hate that they didn't get to see me take advantage of it."

Where were you born? Chattanooga.

What is your favorite Little Rock restaurant? Cantina Laredo (in midtown). I love Mexican food passionately. I could eat it every day.

Is there anything you would like to learn how to do? Casting precious metal.

What do you do in your spare time? "I hula hoop. If I can't sleep, I'll go out at 4 o'clock at night and hula hoop. I've got my neighbors doing it too."

Do you have any pets? Delilah, my chihuahua.

Where do you live? I have a house in the Heights that I put up for rent and moved to the Valley View Apartments in Hillcrest. I absolutely love this neighborhood. It's a little self-contained area, and it's wonderful. I never have to get in the car.

Do you support any charities? The Pulaski County Humane Society. It's very important. We love critters.

What kind of music do you like to listen to? I like a little bit of everything other than pop country; I like old country, rock, jazz, rap.

What is the strangest thing in your refrigerator? An insane amount of Haribo gummy bears and blue Gatorade. I live off those things.

Is there anything you'd like to see Little Rock do differently? Yes, I would like to see the streets taken care of better. In our little neighborhood park, the grass has not been mowed in a year ... things are not taken care of like they were five years ago.

What would you do if you won a large lottery? I want an island and a helicopter. I'd set me and my friends up on our own little island with a helicopter. I think that would be paradise. And, of course, we'd still have The Freckled Frog.




*

No comments: