Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jonda White Profile




Jonda White

Tell us about your family. I am married with three kids. My husband, Kevin White, is an electrician. My son, Eric Hill, is 17 and goes to Central. My daughter, Jordan Works, is 11 and goes to Carver. My step-son, Kavon White, is 19 and in the service.

Do you have any pets? I have a dog named Mpingo.

How did you come up with that name? Mpingo is a tree in Africa. When you cut it open, it's black. She's all black, an Akita. She will be two years old in July.

What's your favorite Little Rock restaurant? The Taj Mahal.

What do you like to read? Inspirational. I love the book, The Power of Now.

Is there anything you'd like to learn how to do? Yes, work on the computer and learn how to do all the new gadgets.

Do you support any charities? Yes. I am always giving back. I give to the Deaf and Blind school, the Symphony, and I do manis and pedis for the basketball team, for the Trojans. I also help a young lady trying out for AKA, a sorority; I helped her with her fees.

Do you have a favorite movie? The Lion King.

What would you do if you won a large lottery? I would pay all my bills off, buy a comfortable home to live in, and definitely give back. I would help the homeless, give to cancer research and try to help the system with foster kids, especially kids who have more than one sibling, so they can stay together. And I would try to help Haiti.

What do you watch on the tube? I love all the CSIs. My favorite is Criminal Minds. And now, I like the show, The Voice.

Is there anything you'd like to see Little Rock do differently? Help kids with values and morals and have activities for them. At the Dunbar school, they have a garden where they teach the kids how to plant things. Go back to hard work and the innocent days. And have more parks.

No comments: