Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Getting to Know Dr. Blake Weber


Blake Weber

Tell us about your family. I have two teenage boys, both seniors at Central. Paul is 18, and Hunter is 17. I have a daughter, Jessica, who is 12 in 7th grade and lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with her mom. I am incredibly blessed with all three of my kids. They are smart and handsome and beautiful, really good kids.

Do you have any pets? I have Spot, a two-year-old rescue dog, and Buddy, who is an 11-week-old goldendoodle.

Goldendoodle? It's a standard poodle and a golden retriever (mix).

What do you like to read? I read a lot of different magazines, and I like spy thrillers. I like John La Carre and James Lee Burke. I like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Robert Ludlum. Tom Clancy.

What's your favorite Little Rock restaurant? Brave New Restaurant is always exceptionally good. Trios is great, and Arthur's is great.

Where were you born? I was born and raised in Little Rock and went to public schools here and graduated from Parkview High School in 1979. I went all the way through Little Rock public schools.

Do you support any charities? I support Harmony Health Clinic and Camp Pfeifer and we do a lot of things through the office. We support different charitable auctions, offering tooth bleaching. We support eight to 10 organizations that way. I am active at the church (Pulaski Heights Christian Church) and on the board.

Is there anything you'd like to learn how to do? I did that about six to eight years ago. I took up flying. I was in my early 40s ... had to retest my brain and learn all that material.

What do you do in your spare time? I love to fly. And most of what I do revolves around relationships, kinships, and kids.

What do you watch on the tube? I'm getting addicted to The Iron Chef and Chopped. It's kind of laughable, because I don't cook that much. To be perfectly honest, I've tried to cut back on my TV watching.

What's your favorite city? Taos, New Mexico, or Pagosa Springs, Colorado. I really love it out west. If we go out of the country, I like literally 'end-of-the-road' places where no one speaks English.

Is there anything you'd like to see Little Rock do differently? I wish that somehow they'd find the way and the ability to complete the bike path. I love to bike ride.

Do you have a favorite movie? I've seen two incredible movies in the past week, Mission Impossible and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.


What would you do if you won a large lottery? The first thing, family things ... all my family members and extended family members, pay off their houses. And give a big chunk to the church and create a charitable organization. So, I've got a plan - if anybody wins and wants to share the booty.

No comments: