Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rev. Holly Patton Profile

Getting to know the Rev. Holly Patton


Tell us about your family. I have two sons, Patton Cain, who is almost 22, and Raney Cain, who is 25. Both of my sons are incredible young men - bright, handsome, and willful like their mother, and I love them deeply and am extremely proud of both of them. Patton is working and going to school. He's studying journalism at UALR. Raney works at Windstream and studies computers and engineering at UALR. He is the father of Addisyn, my precious read-headed granddaughter. She is an absolute angel in all our lives. I have been divorced now for 20 plus years, but I'm close to marrying.

Where were you born? I was born in Little Rock and grew up in Atlanta.

What's your favorite Little Rock restaurant? Brave New Restaurant.

What's your favorite food? A Turkey sandwich from Boulevard Bread.

What's the strangest thing in your refrigerator? A tube of Chanel pink lipstick. I hate for it to melt in my purse.

If you could have a dream dinner party and invite any three people, who would you choose? I'd like to meet Steve Martin, Mary Magdalene, and President Obama.

What would be on your recommended reading list? Kathryn Stockett's The Help. South of Broad by Pat Conroy and any book of poetry by Mary Oliver.

Is there anything you'd like to learn how to do? I'd like to learn how to fly.

What do you do in your spare time? I rollerblade, run, ride my bike, and hike.

Is there anything you would like to change about yourself? A lot. Yes, I am too impatient and way too much of a multi-tasker.

What's your favorite movie? Marley & Me.

Do you have any pets? I have a dog who is nine. His name is Goose. He's an English springer spaniel. And a cat about seven named Catty - very original.

Is there anything you'd like to see Little Rock do differently? No, I think Little Rock is on a great path right now. I am very excited to be living in Little Rock now.

The nation? I'd like for us to be less involved in war - to spend our money on other things.

(This profile was written by Bobbi Nesbitt and ran in the April 2010 edition of Shoppe Talk.)

No comments: