Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Profile: Getting to know Murray Haupt

Murray Haupt

Tell us about your family. I am one of five children. I have three sisters and one brother. I am the luckiest man in the world, because I have the most beautiful wife in the world, SuAnn. I have two sons, Will and Shane. I have a charming stepson named Nick and a stepdaughter named Erin.

Where do you live? On Ridgeway in Hillcrest.

Where were you born? Tulsa, Oklahoma.

What's your favorite Little Rock restaurant? So.

What do you like to do in your spare time? We like to camp. We love to go to the lake. We just bought a house on top of Petit Jean mountain. We go to Heber, and to Ouachita both. We're big outdoors people. We love the outdoors. I love to ride my motorcycle.

Is there anything you'd like to learn how to do? I'd love to learn how to fly an airplane, but I'm scared to death. Pretty much anything else I want to do, I do. Perhaps skydiving. Perhaps in tandem with my wife. Honey, would you go skydiving with me? (SuAnn from the other room: Absolutely not.)

What's your favorite movie? Pretty Woman.

Do you have favorite actors? Sam Elliott and Julia Roberts.

What do you watch on the tube? I love UFC cage fighting. It's mixed martial arts. I mean these guys try to kill each other. It is very popular, as popular as boxing. I watch Barrett-Jackson Auto Auctions and Mecum Auctions; it's called "muscle cars and more." I watch the usual - Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters. I watch a lot of TV. I love Nascar.

If you could have a dream dinner party, who would you invite? I would ask George Washington ... Douglas MacArthur, Madame Curie, and Howard Hughes.

What kind of music do you like? I'm a huge blues fan. I like country too, and real rock and roll - old school rock and roll.

What is your favorite food? I like fish. That's a revelation that's come only in the past few years. I like tuna, talipia, and since my wife owns a seafood company, it's pretty easy to go over and steal a tuna steak out of the freezer. Seafood. I like shrimp and crab too. (SuAnn is owner of Simply Seafood.)

Is there anything you'd like to change about yourself? My intensity. I think I'm a little too intense about a lot of things. I'm very opinionated. I'm intense about work and work ethic. I would like to be a little bit calmer person, a little bit laid back ... . I've got too many things going on.







No comments: